Prophetic truth and consequences

I just couldn’t bear to read all the news stories this morning. Part of the reason is that I was in New York City yesterday and was bombarded all day with CNN and other counterfeit news about the impeachment hearings. If you take a step back and just observe, what do you see? I see a news media that is using any small thing they can to insinuate, cast doubt, infer, incite and otherwise confer that the President deserves to be removed from office. It appears that there is no “other” side to the story. It’s all bad, all the time. Rasmussen reports that 53% of likely voters believe the media is trying to help impeach Donald Trump. To me, the other 47% have no idea how to discern the truth if it hit them in the face.

Discerning the truth is a lost art, if ever it was an art. Ephesians 5:6 says, “Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.” There are consequences to being deceived. Christ said in Matthew 24:4, “Take heed that no man deceive you.” Then he went on to explain a chronology of events prophesied to occur of his coming and the end of the world. Yet, people still argue over when and how these things will take place, even though Christ also said in John 8:32 that if you continue in his word, “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” 

Truth is key to living as a disciple of the Christ. He said in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.” But if one doesn’t recognize or discern truth, there are consequences. Deception is an art in of itself. What you are seeing and hearing every day is deception. A little bit of truth makes a better lie. So if politicians and the news media can weave just a mustard seed of truth into their narrative, it supports the lie they want you to accept. Christ confronted the Pharisees in John 8:44-45, “You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, you believe me not.” 

The Pharisees were so full of lies that they could not believe the truth. So it is with many politicians and the news media. Their agenda is more important than the truth. Christ spoke of how when he leaves he will send the Spirit of truth to guide the disciples, “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth.” And this is how you discern truth to this very day. First, can you determine whether someone is of Christ or not? Remember, by their fruits you will know them. Then determine whether what they say is truth. If the Holy Spirit is guiding you, truly guiding you, you will know the truth. If you do not recognize the truth, there are consequences. Discern the truth and act on it.

Posted in

Bill Wilson